Graduate - Technical Consultant - Late 2014 start
| What the role involves |
IBM is engaged with clients across all industries on some of the most relevant and exciting business and IT initiatives today – from intelligent transportation to smarter electricity management, from integrated commerce applications to improved healthcare. Our Technical Consultants play a critical role in these initiatives – analysing clients’ business challenges, designing innovative IT-based solutions and leading the technical aspects of their delivery.
Our graduate Technical Consultants focus on technical roles, growing a strong set of technical and consulting skills and then progressing onto solution design and technical leadership roles at increasing levels of responsibility.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s leading technical experts, learning from their experience as you take on increasing challenges and responsibilities and providing an opportunity for strong career growth.
Our ambition is to enable you to become one of IBM’s technical leaders - leading the complex, challenging and exciting Smarter Planet solutions – and growing into our next generation of Technical Advisors, Solution Architects and Technical Programme Managers.
During your first 2 years, you will move between different assignments, typically spending 3-9 months in each. These will give you the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and to experience a number of varying roles, including:
• Business analysis
• Software development
• Software package configuration
• Technical solution design
• Technical project management
What we look for
You will need to:
• Be looking to achieve (or already have) a 2:1 honours degree - ideally in computing, engineering, mathematics or numerate sciences
• Have some experience of programming and/or a basic knowledge of IT solution concepts
• Have a keen interest in learning how to use technology to solve clients’ business problems and relish the prospect of designing and delivering these solutions for clients
• Have a flexible attitude to your working patterns (you’ll often need to work at different client sites and IBM offices across the UK and occasionally abroad)
• Have the right to work in the UK
Where the online application tool requests you to upload your CV please upload your completed IBM Application Template
The IBM Application Template can be downloaded here ibm.com/jobs/uk/graduate/applicationtemplate (copy and paste link into your browser)
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not upload the IBM Application Template, your application will not be considered
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.|