Websphere Support Specialist- (Jazz)
|CICS, IMS and zOS (MVS os/390) system/product support people. Do you think your skills are outdated and not indemand any more, think again. Unix, iSeries (AS400) and Windows SAs, are you looking something different? Would you like to grow into the exciting world of the internet, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) or get involved in cloud computing? We want to talk to you!!|
IBM’s Integrated Technology Delivery (ITD) group has opened a Technology Service Delivery center in Dubuque, Iowa. The mission of the center is to support our US Strategic outsourcing clients by providing high-value information technology services to IBM customers, while all along providing the maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and systems to our valued business clients in the United States.
IBM is seeking talented Technical Support Specialist to come in and be responsible for providing support to our clients with problem and change tickets relating to client server support operations surrounding their Web / Messaging Middleware/WebSphere/MQ Series infrastructure. You will be tasked with assessing situations to determine problems facing the client that will not be routine or standardized. This role will also require your work in the creation of documentation and explaining the solution to our clients’ problem will be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support problem and change tickets for client server support operations for work involving problem determination and implementation of changes to hardware, software, applications or network systems. These tasks are not standardized and require independent thought and problem solving to resolve. Interaction with other teams is often required to solve issues
• Work to standardize repeatable tasks and steps across multiple accounts within a pod while providing coaching and mentoring to the junior team members. This may require creating documentation or scripts that can be used to solve the same problem in the future.
• Team members participate once or more a day in cadence discussion on team performance. They discuss issues or challenges, and receive trouble-shooting input /advice from other team members. They may also discuss team performance trends. Team members may also separately interact and exchange information with members of cross-pool teams.
• Lead and mentor support teams to execute Middleware infrastructure environments and complex OEM product upgrades.
• Lead and mentor support teams in the correction of complex Middleware security non compliance issues.
• Have the desire to learn and grow into new technologies
To learn more about the products we support go to http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/WebSphere
This position is located onsite in Dubuque, IA. Relocation is Required and assistance may be considered in rare cases and in those rare cases would only be considered for our key skills and higher level roles. Remote work is not available for these roles.
Integrated Technology Delivery (ITD) is responsible for worldwide service delivery in support of IBM's Strategic Outsourcing business. We manage the world's largest privately-owned IT infrastructure - with 426 data centers, charged with reinventing service delivery by leveraging IBM's global scale, skill set and technology. Technical Services Delivery Center in Dubuque, IA. is focused on increasing ITD delivery quality. ITD brings together all of IBM's service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.|