Security (Malware) Support Specialist
|This position is located onsite in Dubuque, IA., no remote work is available. |
IBM's Delivery Center, in downtown Dubuque, Iowa, is seeking talented Malware Support Specialists that come on board to be responsible for installing and maintaining enterprise wide Anti-Virus and Personal Firewall implementations to aid in determining problem facing the client. In this role, problems are not routine or standardized and each new virus comes with a new set of challenges to be overcome in order to protect the customer’s infrastructure and restore the customer’s network after a virus infection. Creation of Root Cause Analysis and executive presentations to describe the cause of an infection and the solution will be required. This candidate will also be responsible for customer training through anti-virus workshops. This role could require pager coverage, off-shift coverage during scheduled times with an expectation of carrying a pager 24/7/365, and travel for Emergency Onsite Support would be required during a virus emergency.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Maintaining the Anti-Virus and Personal Firewall infrastructure for IBM’s customers. This includes insuring the compliance and currency of the software version as well as the anti-virus definitions. Work closely with System Administrators, Network Administrators, Desktop Support, and Help Desk to ensure policies are being followed and appropriate steps are taken to protect the customer’s infrastructure.
• Respond to audit requests relating to the currency of the customer’s infrastructure and take remediation steps to close any gaps in anti-virus coverage.
• Monitor the AV Consol and provide current reports to System Administrator and Desktop Support Personnel. Also provide instruction as to specific actions needed to remediate gaps identified on the reports.
• Implement and maintain URL restrictions as dictated by the customer.
• Provide 2nd/3rd level software support to the support groups and the customer to assist in resolving any non-standard anti-virus issue. Work closely with the anti-virus vendors to resolve outstanding issues. Provide virus samples to the anti-virus vendors for analysis and respond appropriately to the findings.
• Design and rollout new product releases of anti-virus into the customer’s infrastructure. Prepare product comparisons and roll out a different vendor’s product if selected by the customer.
• Respond to, and remediate virus infections in the customer’s infrastructure. Network connectivity limitations may require travel to the customer’s site to complete remediation activities and bring the customer’s network back up. Regular status reports should be made to IBM and IBM’s customer during an outbreak. A Root Cause Analysis may be required to determine the cause of the infection and the steps needed to remediate the issue.
Typical skills used in this role include:
–Malware applications (Symantec, Trend, McAfee, Sophos, CA, Malware Hunter, Malware Boot CD)
–Malware Education (Ability to provide education to support teams in the capacity of 3rd level support functions)
–Security forensics (Identifying source and propagation methodology if an infection / Root Cause Analysis)
–URL Filtering: Websense, Surf control
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.|