Tivoli Monitoring Technical Support Specialist (level 2 / 3)
|This position is located onsite in Dubuque, IA. No remote work is available. |
IBM's Domestic Delivery Center in downtown Dubuque, Iowa is seeking Technical Support Specialists responsible for providing support for problem, change and work tickets for client server support operations surrounding the Tivoli Monitoring infrastructure. Incumbent assesses situation to determine problem facing the client. Problems are not routine or standardized and the creation of documentation explaining the solution to the problem is required. Responsible for implementing changes to the client’s environment.
Remote work is not available. Pager coverage and possible off shift coverage would be required.
Deploy, implement, administer and provide technical support for systems management products on Unix and Intel platforms
Products used are primarily (but not limited to) Tivoli such as ITM 5.x, ITM 6.x, Netview, TEC, NetCool, ITCAM. Other tools include CA-Unicenter, BMC Patrol, HP-Openview, MOM, and other Systems management tools for monitoring, availability and event management.
This is a technical role which also requires strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience in support and deployment with any Systems Management products, such as Tivoli (DM, ITM, TEC, Framework), BMC Patrol, CA Unicenter, Microsoft Operations Manager, HP OpenView or other systems management products, is desired. Also experience covering at least one of the following service lines:
- Intel, UNIX, Sys Admin and server Management
- Database Management
- Transaction Monitors, Middleware
- Product Lifecycle Management
• Be responsible for the maintenance and currency of documentation specific to their role, their team and the responsibilities they have,
• Adherence to the system management procedures and processes during testing, implementation and rollout of Systems Management/ Event Management tools.
• Adherence to Managed Operating Environment process and procedures,
• Provide regular project/task status updates to the team, team lead and EAD Manager as required.
• Escalate problems as per team guidelines to Team Leader and/or manager
• Provide technical support to clients and other IBM service lines and competencies. Own and action requests for service, implementing changes and resolving assigned problems (may involve some after hours and weekend work).
• Provide 24x7 after hours oncall support as required for products supported by the team
• Maintain detailed knowledge and currency of Tivoli Systems management product set functionality.
• Maintain detailed knowledge and currency of other Systems Management products and toolsets as supported and used by the deployment team.
• Provide Systems Management expertise to project teams
• Escalate product problems via official product support line (Tivoli Brand)
• Personal compliance and ownership on security, audit and systems integrity posture
• Highlight areas for improvement in current processes, and implement improvements
• Attend and actively participate in weekly review meetings with the team leader and/or manager to discuss issues, concerns, people, ideas and workload.
• Be a focal point in a technical and client advocate capacity and whenever rotated onto new accounts, ensure other team members are mentored to enable smooth succession of previous account.
• Assist wider team performing the level 1 capability, potentially off-shore or remote locations.
• Raise, update and seek approval of problem and change records as required
• Make approved system configuration changes
• Install, test and customise approved software products
• Perform problem determination, problem root cause identification and problem resolution
GTS-SO’s mission is to leverage IBM’s global scale and advanced technology to deliver standardized solutions that are more automated, repeatable and globally integrated. Through our strengthened global position, clients gain cost advantages, access to industry-leading skills and access to IBM's scale and overall flexibility. The Domestic Delivery Center in Dubuque, IA is focused on increasing GTS-SO delivery quality. Global Technology Services (GTS) brings together all of IBM's service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing.
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.|