Research Engineer – Vulnerability Analysis, IBM Cyber Security Center of Excellence
|Organization: With more than 6,000 security scientists, developers and experts, IBM is a worldwide leader in security research, product development and solution delivery. This includes nine security operations centers, nine IBM Research centers, 14 software security development labs and the IBM Institute for Advanced Security with chapters in the United States, Europe and Asia. As a part of this global security R&D effort, IBM plans to set up a new Center of Excellence in Israel, aiming to advance cyber security state-of-art and develop security solutions to meet the current and future needs of the information age. The IBM Cyber Security CoE in Israel will engage and collaborate with local academics, IBM internal development teams, industrial partners, clients and government agencies, benefiting all stake holders.|
Location: Beer Sheba, Israel
Research engineers engaged in this position identify and investigate software and network vulnerabilities in computer systems. This activity involves deep analysis of complex systems, aiming to expose how sophisticated attackers might exploit their vulnerabilities in intricate ways and modify their intended behavior. A complementary responsibility involves conducting research and analysis in development of adversarial tactics and techniques in order to respond and deter attacks. Research Engineers moreover participate in the development of innovative security products that leverage deep understanding and of vulnerabilities and corresponding countermeasures.
Required Skills and Experience:
1. Prior experience in computer security, e.g., service in relevant army unit.
2. Expertise in reverse engineering and malware analysis.
3. Hands-on experience with static/dynamic code analysis and debugging tools.
4. BSc/BA degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or a related field.
5. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
1. Experience with any or most of the following: SIEM technologies, intrusion detection systems, deep packet inspection, network forensics tools.
2. Low level programming experience.
3. Capability for collaborative academic research.
Outstanding candidates with partial background and experience will also be considered.
If you are a self-starter, fast learner, and have a passion for cyber security?
Apply today and join the founding team of IBM's Center of Excellence in Be'er Sheva.
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.|