System Compliance Services Account Focal
|Positions are located in Dubuque, IA, remote work is not available. Possible off-shift coverage may be required.|
IBM's Technical Services Delivery Center in downtown Dubuque, IA, is currently seeking Technical Support Specialists responsible for security and audit compliance supporting operations surrounding the Unix, Intel, Main Frame, ID, Application Hosting, Data Bases, Storage Management and more. It is a great opportunity to strengthen basic IT knowledge and gain invaluable experience in the area of IT Security!
Candidate will develop a working knowledge of evaluating and implementing security on z/OS (Mainframe) systems, Unix, Intel, Main Frame, ID, Application Hosting, Storage Management and Commercial Web Middleware infrastructure. Candidates will be asked to validate server inventory, report issues for resolution, use IBM tools on target servers to obtain data for remediation, extract data into Excel and other tools, file evidence of periodic compliance activities for audit preparedness, generate validation reports, provide requested data for audit requests, responsible for documenting periodic compliance related processes and procedures, engage the tools team to create queries and macros to streamline data collection effort.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support Leadership and other team members by utilizing IBM tools designed for managing server, data bases, middleware, and application security, and for maintaining a strong audit posture. The work includes performing primarily routine and standardized sets of tasks based on a subset of defined global processes. The work may involve a series of repeatable tasks and steps that are followed when addressing service needs or situations for a particular account.
• Support issues with tools and work with tool support teams for problem resolution for client servers.
• Utilize scripting to create solutions where tool functionality may not exist.
• Coordinate with Level 2 or Level 3 support to troubleshoot server issues on non-reporting servers.
• Work to standardize repeatable tasks and steps across multiple accounts within a team while providing coaching and mentoring to the junior team members. This may require creating documentation or scripts that can be used to solve the same problem in the future.
• Team members participate once or more a day in cadence discussion on issues or challenges, and receive trouble-shooting input /advice from other team members. They may also discuss team performance trends and exchange information obtained while working with members of cross-pool teams.
Typical skills used in this role include:
- Communicating with other teams world-wide
- Following and enhancing documented processes
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Scripting using Microsoft and other tools
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.|