Intel/VMWare/Active Directory Subject Matter Expert
|Remote work is not available; all work is performed at IBM's Dubuque, Iowa Domestic Delivery Center. Relocation reimbursement is not available. |
IBM's Domestic Delivery Center in downtown Dubuque, Iowa is seeking subject matter expert level Technical Support Specialists responsible for providing client server support for problem and change tickets surrounding the Intel infrastructure. Incumbent assesses situation to determine problem facing the client. Problems are not routine or standardized and the creation of documentation explaining the solution to the problem is required. Responsible for implementing changes to the client’s environment. Incumbents are also responsible for mentoring and training other team members.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support problem and change tickets for client server support operations for work involving problem determination and implementation of changes to hardware, software, applications or network systems. These tasks consist of the most complex and non standard work and require independent thought and problem solving to resolve.
• Work with Dispatcher to resolve identified green team investigations.
• Mentor and train other team members.
• Work to standardize repeatable tasks and steps across multiple accounts within a pool.
• Team members participate once or more a day in cadence discussion on team performance. They discuss issues or challenges, and receive trouble-shooting input /advice from other team members. They may also discuss team performance trends. Team members may also separately interact and exchange information with members of cross-pool teams.
• Act as champions of LEAN, facilitate or engage in problem solving to create a continuous improvement culture.
Typical skills used in this role include:
GTS-SO’s mission is to leverage IBM’s global scale and advanced technology to deliver standardized solutions that are more automated, repeatable and globally integrated. Through our strengthened global position, clients gain cost advantages, access to industry-leading skills and access to IBM's scale and overall flexibility. The Domestic Delivery Center in Dubuque, IA is focused on increasing GTS-SO delivery quality. Global Technology Services (GTS) brings together all of IBM's service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing.
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.|