Performance & Capacity Mainframe Technical Support Specialist
|Job ID||SO_DEL-0586203||Job type||Full-time Regular|
|Work country||USA||Position type||Professional|
|Travel||No travel||Job area||Operations (all other)|
|Business group||SO Delivery||Job category||IT Specialist|
|Business unit||GeoSrvDelivery||Job role||Server Support Specialist|
|Job role skillset||General|
|Commissionable/Sales-Incentive jobs only||No|
|Remote work is not available. All work is conducted at IBM's Dubuque, Iowa Domestic Delivery Center. Relocation to Dubuque, Iowa is required and reimbursement is not provided.|
IBM's Domestic Delivery Center in downtown Dubuque, Iowa, is seeking Technical Support Specialists responsible for providing Performance & Capacity support on Mainframe z/OS systems. Project tasks range in complexity from standard tasks that require following repeatable steps to non-standard problems that require unique solutions.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Job roles involve responsibility for accomplishing project work from multiple clients, including planned projects focused on identifying and introducing improvements within a process.
Analyze LPAR and/or server data to provide recommendations for Performance improvements and/or Capacity suggestions
Build annual capacity forecasts
Use, Install and coordinate configuration of standard performance monitoring tools.
Participate in technology based projects, e.g. hardware upgrades
Participate in new business transitions
Support project tasks for work on client operating systems including hardware and software implementations.
Work to make work repeatable, with a goal to standardize implementations.
Mentor and train project pool members.
Team members participate in a daily cadence discussion on team workload and performance. These meetings are led by the team Dispatcher. They discuss issues or challenges, and share trouble-shooting input /advice with other team members.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year experience in installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring Mainframe z/OS technologies
- English: Fluent
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma in Information Technology
- At least 2 years experience in z/OS 1.8 or greater, DB2 V8, CIC 3.0
- At least 3 years experience in at least one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies
- At least 2 years experience in mainframe system performance and/or capacity management with any Mainframe operating system
- At least 1 year experience in Omegamon, RMF, SMF, WLM, TDS, MICS, MXG, SAS, VTS, Coupling Facility
- At least 1 year experience in Project Coordination
- Basic knowledge in LEAN methodologies
- Basic knowledge in Maximo tool
GTS-SO’s mission is to leverage IBM’s global scale and advanced technology to deliver standardized solutions that are more automated, repeatable and globally integrated. Through our strengthened global position, clients gain cost advantages, access to industry-leading skills and access to IBM's scale and overall flexibility. The Domestic Delivery Center in Dubuque, IA is focused on increasing GTS-SO delivery quality. Global Technology Services (GTS) brings together all of IBM's service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing.
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.|