SCS Tool Configuration (level 2 / 3)
|Remote work is not available. All work is conducted at IBM's Dubuque, Iowa Domestic Delivery Center. Relocation to Dubuque, Iowa is required and reimbursement is not provided.|
IBM's Domestic Delivery Center in downtown Dubuque, IA, is currently seeking Technical Support Specialists responsible for providing security and audit compliance for operations surrounding the Unix, Intel, Main Frame, ID, Application Hosting, Data Bases, Storage Management and more. It is a great opportunity to strengthen basic IT knowledge and gain invaluable experience in the area of IT Security!
Candidate will develop a working knowledge of evaluating and implementing security on z/OS (Mainframe) systems, Unix, Intel, Main Frame, ID, Application Hosting, Storage Management and Commercial Web Middleware infrastructure. Candidates will be asked to validate server inventory, report issues for resolution, use IBM tools on target servers to obtain data for remediation, extract data into Excel and other tools, file evidence of periodic compliance activities for audit preparedness, generate validation reports, provide requested data for audit requests, responsible for documenting periodic compliance related processes and procedures, engage the tools team to create queries and macros to streamline data collection effort.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support Leadership and other team members by utilizing IBM tools designed for managing server, data bases, middleware, and application security, and for maintaining a strong audit posture. The work includes performing primarily routine and standardized sets of tasks based on a subset of defined global processes. The work may involve a series of repeatable tasks and steps that are followed when addressing service needs or situations for a particular account.
• Utilize scripting to create solutions where tool functionality may not exist.
• Work to standardize repeatable tasks and steps across multiple accounts within a team while providing coaching and mentoring to the junior team members. This may require creating documentation or scripts that can be used to solve the same problem in the future.
• Team members participate once or more a day in cadence discussion on issues or challenges, and receive trouble-shooting input /advice from other team members. They may also discuss team performance trends and exchange information obtained while working with members of cross-pool teams.
Typical skills used in this role include:
- Unix - AIX, HP-UX, Sun/Solaris, Linux
- NIM / LPAR / HMC
- Windows 200x experience
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Health Checking (Server Hardening)
- Project Management
- Time Management
GTS-SO’s mission is to leverage IBM’s global scale and advanced technology to deliver standardized solutions that are more automated, repeatable and globally integrated. Through our strengthened global position, clients gain cost advantages, access to industry-leading skills and access to IBM's scale and overall flexibility. The Domestic Delivery Center in Dubuque, IA is focused on increasing GTS-SO delivery quality. Global Technology Services (GTS) brings together all of IBM's service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing.
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.|